Pages

analytics

Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day 4 (a day late)

My brain is nearly completely fried.
Last night my school hosted auditions for the 7th and 8th grade honors music festival.
It went very well, and I learned an awful lot.
I am really, really glad that it is over.

Yesterday was chaos in preparation, and I did not get home (with my two sons!) until 10pm last night. I slept through my alarm this morning and haven't had any coffee yet.
I am working on the solution to that last one right now!

So.
What am I thankful for?

Being able to cross things OFF of my to do list.
I am grateful for the abundance of help that we had last night.
I am grateful for my high school students that came over and helped and took over in areas that needed it. I am grateful for the parents that baked yummy treats, and for my friend Sharon for taking ownership of the concessions part of the evening.

Did I mention that I learned a lot? We have hosted the actual festivals before, but not auditions. They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. We had WAY TOO MUCH FOOD. :( Oh well. Learning experience. I just hope that at the end of the day we even made a profit!