Pages

analytics

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Insert Cheesy Sentiment, yet Not Cheesy Title Here.

We have moved.
We have settled.
School is out for the year, so I am no longer driving over an hour each day just to pick up the boys from daycare.

Hubs is on his summer work hours -- 5:30AM - 2PM, so we are actually seeing each other in the evenings.

On Friday I ran.
(Pulling up my garmin stats so I get this right.)

1.83 miles in 31.52 minutes.
I was following Week 3 of C25K.

Five minute warm-up, 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, 3minute run, repeat the run intervals, end with cool-down.

It went really well.
Things I have noticed.
There are SO MANY MORE HILLS here.
But -- I can run near the ocean!

There are SO MANY PEDESTRIANS and tourists and TRAFFIC.
But--- I can run near the ocean!

And -- this is the super cool part ---  my SLOWEST running average was 14:18!
That is still quite slow, and I know that... and I own it.  But-- it didn't feel overly difficult, so it was very encouraging.

I tried to focus on my breathing, and my core muscles during the longer running sections, and what do you know, Danny Dreyer?  It really helped!

On Monday I tackled the running segments of Week 4 of C25K.

The break down is this:
Warm up walk (5 minutes)

Run 3 min/ Walk 90 sec
Run 5 min/ Walk 2.5 min
repeat

Cool down walk.

The details:
1.91 miles in 32:59.

I am not disappointed with the run- even though I wasn't able to actually run all of the portions.  The hills and the humidity were CRAZY.  My mind wandered a bit, and I had to focus quite a bit on oncoming traffic, weaving around other pedestrians, and such.

The highlight of the run? Stopping at the end of the footbridge and seeing one of my favorite past students EVER. :)  In fact, this student is one of my most major inspirations when it comes to running.  So it was great to see him!  (I love being back in the town I teach in!!!)

Yesterday and Today are the WindJammer (tall ship) Days here, so the Community Band (that I direct) had a concert last night, and are in the parade this afternoon.  I am hoping to get a run in this evening, but we will see.

I am making my second public appearance as a sousaphone player.  (Scroll to the end of the page on the link for the full effect!)

That's all for now!  :)
Hope everyone is having beautiful weather!