Pages

analytics

Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation Day

I have been a mess for the last three days.
I am losing 8 seniors, 4 of whom have been a part of my life since they were fifth graders.

Last night, after watching another one of my band students receiving an award, I realized that I have been so selfish about all of this.

Yes, I am going to miss them.
Yes -- I adore them.

But.... it's time for me to be excited for them.

But for one last time....
My tribute to them.

Emma- My sweet, caring, dedicated, compassionate friend. It has been a pleasure and a privilege watching you grow.  I am so proud of you. I'm stopping now, before I start crying. :)

Nate- My heart could have BURST with pride last night at your accolades.  You deserve them all.  Thank you for your steadfast presence.  You have been my rock many times.

Maya - I am so proud of you.  I am going to miss you so much.  You have held the upper woodwind section together for years. Kahla is ready to step into that role, and I know that you have helped make that happen.

Andy - Oh the memories...Thank you. You are contagious. I am going to miss all those moments of trying not to laugh at your antics. You are a tremendous person, and I am so grateful that I got to be a part of your life for the last 8 years.

Eliza - Sunshine came into my life when were in 7th grade and decided to take a chance on that crazy lady on the stage.  I have watched you blossom musically and personally, and I cannot wait to see where you land!  Thank you for caring for my children numerous times, and for sharing your heart with the little ones in our community.

Drew-  I cannot explain how proud I am of you.  In the six years that I have known you, you have quietly become the backbone of our ensemble. You have no idea the whole that you leaving behind.  I will miss you tremendously.  I am thrilled that you are going to be a Marine, and I cannot wait for visits from you, in full uniform.  It has changed the way I view Memorial Day, and I thank you for that.

Calvin -  I handed you a clarinet four years ago, and you went with it. You never gave up, and soon you were half of our bass section, on bass clarinet.  It has been a joy to be a part of your life, and I look forward to playing with you as an alumni of BRHS.  Thank you for your hard work, and for sharing part of your life with me.

Spencer - It has been a joy getting to know you all over again this year.  You have become a fine young man, and I am so grateful that I got to be a part of your senior year.  Good luck to you!!


*deep breath*

Well.....
Maybe by doing this now, I will be able to survive the day!!
(I am still taking TWO packages of tissues!!)