Pages

analytics

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Accountability and a Challenge

Writing myself a letter seemed to really help.
It started some fabulous conversations with Jen and Crystal which led to something that I think we are all pretty excited about.

Accountability is a very powerful thing.  I hate letting people down.  If I know that people are expecting certain things from me, I will bend over backwards to try and make it happen.  Unless, of course, it involves eating pickles.  Then I am just.... ugh.  Won't even attempt it.

So when Jen and I were conversing about being in the same place -- 
(the middle of a damaging and boring and helpless cycle) we decided to hold each other accountable.
Then we got Crystal in the mix.

What we are going to do is make weekly contracts to each other regarding food, activity -- whatever we need to help us stay on track with WHATEVER we need to be on track for.

Jen and I will be weighing in on Mondays.
Contracts will be due, posted on our Will Run For Cake blog by Sunday evenings.

I plan on putting everything in there.  But... we'll see.  :)

Having a plan is already helping me.

I officially started using MyFitnessPal and wow.  I didn't have to spend hours  several tries searching for my specific foods to enter.  It remembered the foods I entered, which is awesome, because I am DEFINITELY a creature of habit.  I love the look of the food diary, and the way that it calculates in exercise calories.  So far, I am loving it!

If you use MyFitnessPal and want to friend me, my username is Meredith713.
:)

And... if you could use some accountability, then feel free to join us.  More people making you feel guilty when you cheering you on when you succeed is always a good thing!