Pages

analytics

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's a special kind of crazy....

The end of the school year snowballs out of control.
Always.

This year is different because it is not just the school year....

In the midst of:

Two different end of year concerts (back to back -- was I crazy?)
Preparing 60 kids for marching/playing in the Memorial Day Parades (yes, plural)
Graduation preparation (pomp and circumstance-- one more time with feeling)
And getting the community band ready for Memorial Day
And getting the community band ready for Grand March (graduation night, seniors dressed in beautiful white tuxes and white gowns)

I am losing EIGHT seniors.  I have never had a class like this before....  they were the ones that changed the whole dynamic of band in our schools. When they were fifth graders, I was beginning my 3rd year teaching.  Now they are leaving, and I am finishing my 10th.   I have had these 8 seniors for 8 years.


AND....

I am MOVING. Packing up my belonging and schlepping them to our new place...

So when I tell you that things are a special kind of crazy up in here....
you will now understand.

Three more nights in this house!


And.... all this stress and anxiety is taking a toll on me physically.
My back has been bothering me.  A lot.  Great timing, huh?  I have been blaming it on my mattress.  I think its the tension I have been trapping along my spine.

And my heart has been doing strange extra beat or skipping beat type things.

I don't think I am dying... I think that life is just a little bit too much for little old me to handle right now.


After my two school concerts last week, I deserved a chance to relax. To reflect.... to take a break before the crazy end of year madness.

Nope.  No relaxing for this Mama!  Pack, pack, pack....  Schlep, Schlep, Schlep...

(We are so grateful that we have been able to bring things over to the new place whenever we want to.
It is making the packing much easier.)

And now the end of a beautiful chapter in our lives is ending....  The last three years in this town, in this house, making lifelong friends is drawing to a close.

We are beyond excited about what lies ahead.

And in the meantime, you can often find me singing "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

See you when the dust settles . . .