Pages

analytics

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Quiet moments

As I relax on the couch after getting home from church, Cuddle Bug is entertaining himself with his still new birthday toys. Soccer Boy is playing upstairs with tractors and trains, and not whining.

I don't ever not feel grateful for my boys and my beautiful life, but it was just really special today.
Such a community sense of support and gratitude of mothers from all walks of life, and of all shapes and sizes. Maybe a year of being a mother of two has made me more accepting of what I always referred to as a greeting card holiday. Maybe the increased connection that I feel with my own mother makes the holiday more meaningful this year.

I don't know. But what I do know is this. When you are trying really hard to raise your children in a way that gives them boundaries and expectations, it is sometimes a rough road. A pat on the back, a hug, and a carnation in church on sunday end up meaning more than you could imagine.

To the elders and deacons at churches everywhere: Thank you for making a point to appreciate the mothers out there!

To my boys: I love you with all of my heart, a big as the ocean and the sky.

To my mother: Thank you for having high standards and expectations, and for filling our lives with love. I love you so much. I have an excellent example to follow!

To mothers everywhere: Don't grow weary in doing good! Enjoy your day, and kiss your babies, even if they are taller than you now!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8