Pages

analytics

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Back in the Land of the Living

I have never in my life been as sick as I was for the last two and a half weeks.
I was out of school the ENTIRE week before vacation with a 101 (or higher) fever, that did not break until the Saturday before school vacation week.  While I was dealing with the fever, the chills (alternating with the sweats), I had horrendous headaches and racking coughs that caused lots of pain. My husband stayed home with me so that he could take care of the boys 2.5 days during that week.  I felt horribly guilty, and pathetically grateful.  Thank you Lord, for sick time.   The entire week of vacation I was still dealing with the cough and headaches, though thank goodness the fevers were gone.

I am back at work, but  I have coughing fits after taking the stairs, or crossing the room too quickly, or talking too much (or too loudly) or SINGING to help my drummers find their place in the song.

I am assuming that it is needless to say that exercising has not happened yet.  I really want it to, though.  The days are getting longer, and LONGER!!  I picked up the boys from daycare yesterday close to five o'clock and it was stilly daylight!  Beautiful daylight, not almost dusk daylight!

On my way home I see all of these clear, beautiful streets, and I am so angry at my lungs for making me unwell enough to run again, until I get onto my own road, and there is still an icy, slushy mess.  It is a bit ironic, don't you think, that the people the plow the streets of our little town live ON OUR ROAD?  Hmmm.

OH---
I have lost TEN POUNDS so far using MyFitnessPal.  I am absolutely loving the website.  And it is really helping me to plan, and stay accountable.  Even on the days when I go over, and I don't feel like seeing the red numbers, I still have a pretty accurate idea of the damage that I am doing.   Oh-- and they have THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE food database that I have ever seen ANYWHERE, and I have used many, many online fitness sites!

:)