Pages

analytics

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mish mash of meanderings...

This is my life in general blog.
I keep forgetting that.
I feel like I can only post if I have something to report on the exercise/ weight loss front.
But....
It is my blog.
And I can write about whatever I want to write about.


I think that I have figured out a way that will make the TITLE of my blog fit the theme of my LIFE.


Hebrews 12: 1 b:


 let us run with endurance the race that is set before us...


I Corinthians 9 :24


 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.




Now -- if we are speaking only of running, then the thought that I might win a prize for it is laughable.
Ha ha ha.


But ---
Since I am talking about my life in general?


THESE are the races that I am running:


- Raising my children to love and respect and fear God.
- Staying consistent in prayer, and in Bible study, so that my life reflects the glory, and the beauty of the amazing God that I serve.
- Exercising discipline in all areas -- fitness and housekeeping... you name it.




So -- how about a Race Report?


Raising my children to love and respect and fear God.


Soccer Boy (now age five!!) has so many questions.  But at the same time, he has such tremendous faith.
We are doing a lot of things right in this area -- but a lot of it is because he  is driving the conversation.


In my own study, I am realizing that my husband and I need to be more intentional about what we share about God and when, rather than just waiting for him to mention it or ask questions.  Cuddle Bug may not be as attuned to things of the Lord.  We need to establish the patterns now.


Prayer/ Bible study.


This area is going quite well right now.  I am reading (and blogging) through the Bible in 90 Days through a challenge hosted at Mom's Toolbox.  Over 900 people are reading together!!!


I am blogging my reflections at Crying Out to My God.


I am also reading One Thousand Thanks: A Dare to Live Fully, Right Where You Are, by Ann Voskamp.    This book is amazing.... it is challenging me and inspiring me at the same time.


Oh -- and this is the biggest deal.   It is summer vacation.  I am a teacher.  I do not work in the summers. I just hang out with my adorable children, and teach a few lessons.  Summer was ALWAYS the time that any prayer or bible study routine that I had would fall to the wayside, because I simply refused to wake up earlier than my children if I didn't need to.   This summer, since my husband switches to daytime schedules in the summer months, he is up in the morning at 3:45 AM.  Are you ready for this?


I have been getting up WITH him.  There have been TWO exceptions to this -- and one was when I was quite sick and had to play a concert that evening, and the extra two hours of sleep were amazing, and the other was when Cuddle Bug decided that an all night party would be a good idea.


I mean right now?  I am writing this post at 5:22AM.  Legit.  5:22AM.  In the summer time.


(okay. Race report on this topic is exhausted.)


Exercising discipline in all areas:


um....
Well, I was doing really well with the exercise, even though I had a terrible summer cold.  And then it got hotter than....  well, so hot that I was dripping sweat after mopping my kitchen floor and baking a cake (even with fans trained on me the whole time) on the birthday of my five year old.


Now that the weather has cooled off, I am intending fully to get back into some exercise, although my lungs are still not 100%, so I know that I have to be careful.


Food --  I have not been tracking since last Thursday.  Just lazy.  I am large, large person.  I have 100 lbs to lose, which means that I have a LOT of calories to eat.  Sometimes, in order to make sure I am not under-eating, I have to make not great choices, just to get the calories in.  I hate doing it, because I am actually trying to make healthy choices.  But....  there it is.  Honesty.


(Just for the record, being authentic for the whole world to see... is sometimes... um... really hard.)


Housekeeping --
No comment.  Now that the weather has cooled off, I am hoping to finally get the laundry beast under control, and perhaps find a system so that my kitchen counters might see the light of day for more than one hour at a time.




-----
Well there you have it.
My very first "race report."


And my first attempt at being my real self, and not just one slice of myself, on this blog.




Things to come:  Weigh in day tomorrow, and a possible ACTUAL race (that involves running (and walking intervals) on Saturday!!


Things to arrive in the mail:   Still waiting on the amazing bracelet that I won in a giveaway at Joggerslife.    It is a bracelet with a handstamped word of my choice (AUTHENTIC) on a silver plate, with a leather (I believe) cord.  I am so excited.  :)