Pages

analytics

Monday, July 18, 2011

Weddings and Competitions

One of my favorite cousins got married yesterday. We loaded up the boys inthe car and headed out on the five hour drive. They were both awesome.

Random Tidbit:  Stephen is really good at Angry Birds. He calls it Grumpy Birds.  Isn't that cute?

We were able to check-in at our hotel, relax, hang with Mimi, Grampie and Auntie, and change into wedding finery.

Image source: Wikipedia

The hotel was located at The Towers, in Narragansett, Rhode Island.  The wedding ceremony was in the left tower, which looks right out to the ocean. The dining was in the middle section, which is over the busy Ocean Road.

Amy and Dan have been together since they were in 8th grade. Isn't that amazing? They went to college separately, and did internships separately, and through it all, remained completely devoted to one another.  They were adorable.  And she was radiant.

The boys were both fantastic at the wedding. We had a frightening moment when we realized that the caterers did not have ANY milk that I was hoping to use for Cuddle Bug's bottle.  But that disaster was averted, when they offered to water down some half and half.  Done.  Crisis averted.  A very thoughtful Mimi brought her grandboys toys to help keep them occupied.  Soccer Boy got to build a Lego airplane, with the assistance of my cousin Mitch (who was the ring bearer at our wedding, 9 years ago!).  Cuddle Bug got a new truck to play with.  And by play, I of course mean throw it down to the ground so the Mommy can pick it up, over and over, and over again.

A fantastic day.

Now....
One of the ladies in my group of online Mommy friends (we met during our pregnancies with our Cuddle Bug age children) has thrown the gauntlet.

She started a Biggest Mommy Loser challenge.

I resisted.
I wrestled.
And then I thought about all of my friends getting skinny because they are working hard and motivating each other, and I realized....  Yes.  I have to do this, even if the weight doesn't come off on the scale.  I have to do this.

So I signed up, and I took the horrible before pictures (horrible not JUST because of the subject matter, but because of a lack of a full length mirror, I was taking them into the window out to our deck. If you look closely (which I will NOT be giving you the opportunity.... SORRY) you can see the hint of one our patio chairs.  Ha!  And because our scale is one of those dinosaur non digital ones), and actually admitted my weight to people.  Even on myfitnesspal you are allowed to keep it to yourself!

UGH.
But it is done.
We will be weighing in monthly, and the challenge will end on New Years Day 2012.

So I guess it is time blow the dust off of the 30 Day Shred.  :)

And.... just for the record?  Pleurisy is no fun.  No fun at all.  I get it almost every time that I get a cold.  Ugh.