Pages

analytics

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recommended Blog Post -- Hope is NOT a Strategy!

http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2011/01/hope-is-not-strategy.html


This AMAZING post (with equally amazing comments) by Amanda has totally rocked my world.

I have a lot of thoughts to sort through about this.
I am not training for a marathon, or even a half marathon. As a full time mother of two preschool aged boys, who is the primary care provider in the evenings, my time is quite limited. I am exceedingly grateful for the short runs that I do get in, and have committed to run 3 -4 times a week.

I finally have the equipment (cold weather gear, yaktrax, and a blinky light) to keep me safe either before work, or after work.

I am afraid to set myself up with an actual program, because LIFE JUST HAPPENS. Frequently. I have to stay at school too late, and then I don't have time to run in the evening.

I can barely move in the morning because my mattress hates me -- there goes my morning run.

Or the one time I have EVERYTHING ready for the morning, and Cuddle Bug gets up WITH ME at 4:15 AM because he knows that I am going to miss him. Hmmm.

I want to be in the place where running becomes a part of my life, and that I can build up my strength and endurance again before I start looking into any training plans.

But......
I definitely know that when I live my life INTENTIONALLY, will PURPOSE, things get done.
Maybe there is a happy medium.

Maybe there can be a plan for a beginner runner like me, with a crazy life?