Pages

analytics

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Couch to 5K, Week 2 and 49 Push-ups

Week 2:  5 minute warm-up, 90 second run, 2 minute walk,  (with a total of 6 run intervals) 5 minute cool down.

So - after only one day of week one, when my program was accidentally on week 2, I decided to go for it.
The second or third interval was the only one that I didn't finish, and I kept my pace strong and speedy during the rungs.  My lungs and legs were BURNING!!!  I was gasping for air, but making it a point to really breathe.  I forgot my headphones-- I don't actually know where they are-- and I ran to the sound of springtime and nature.  I really enjoyed it.  I don't know if it was better, worse, or just.... was.

That reminds me- I really want to find my headphones!

Anyway.  I mapped out my run on MapMyRun  and found that I had gone 2.2 miles in 29 minutes.  An AVERAGE pace of 13:19 a mile.  That is with 20 minutes of walking, 9 minutes of running.

You need to understand that a good, speedy pace for me last time around was 15 minute mile, for my running speed. Yes.  I have been thinking about this.  The first time through, I was just so grateful to be running (jogging.... er, shuffling) that I did whatever I could to be able to sustain the run, regardless of pace.  Now that I KNOW that I can run, I am PUSHING myself to my limits.  How AWESOME it feels.

And it was gorgeous out today!

So..... I cannot for the life of my think of the equation or setup I would need to figure out exactly how speedy my breath-taking running was.  Any clues?  Actually, I kind of just realized that they are BOTH variables, so there is no way to know for sure.

(I really want a Garmin.)

So- I felt pretty awesome after my run today.  Psyched to do it again.  I just don't know when-- probably I will bring my running stuff on Friday when I take three of our music students to a festival.  I will sneak out for a run when they are rehearsing, maybe?  *shrug* We'll see.

OH--  I did 49 push-ups today too.   Did I mention that I am following the 100 Push-up plan?  This was week 2 day 1, following the middle plan.  I did 5 sets of push-ups.  9, 11, 8, 8, and 13.

Yeah, I felt like beast (in a good way) after I was finished.

A beast with jello arms.

:)