Pages

analytics

Saturday, April 2, 2011

UBP11! Fun, fun fun!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011Welcome!  (for those who are stopping by from the Ultimate Blog Party)
I was so excited to learn about the Ultimate Block Party 2011!   If you are a regular visitor, maybe you'll learn something new about me!





My name is Meredith, and I have two adorable sons.  My baby, Cuddle Bug, is turning one in 3 days!  Eeek!  Time goes by so fast!  My oldest,  Soccer Boy, is 4 1/2 and will be coming to Mommy's school with me next year as a BIG KINDERGARTENER.  (Wow, that word looks weird when you see it written. Doesn't sound weird, though.  So... pretend you didn't see it.)



My husband and I have been married almost 9 years, and we have had quite the journey.  But thinking about what is happening right now (think really, really big) and looking back at all of the ..... turmoil, roller coaster, living on the edge of your seat drama we have had, it all makes sense.  The scary part is seeing how much further we still have to go!!

Okay.
Quick bulleted list of Meredith.

1. I am the band director for a small community in Maine. I absolutely adore my job, and I truly consider it to be my mission field, even though it is in a public school, and I am not allowed to speak His name.   But I pray, and I love, and I pour my heart out to these kids, and God keeps filling it back up!

2. I love Maine! I have lived here my entire life!


3.  I started running using the Couch to 5K method shortly after Cuddle Bug was born.  I love it. I lost MOST of my strength and endurance over the winter, because we had the winter of ALL winter, plus an injury, plus a month long sickness.  So I just started over again, and will be pushing myself to speed up this time around!

4.  I love to sing.  Love, love, love to sing.

5. Yes, I can play every band instrument, and lots of others, too.

6. I gave up television at the start of this school year, and it was the best decision ever!

7. I hate the materialism of Christmas and birthdays. But at the same time I really struggle with wanting STUFF. (my latest obsession isn't my fault!!  If my nike + sensor hadn't DIED on me, I wouldn't be trolling the internet comparing Garmin FR60 plus footpod with the Garmin 205, 305, 405, 210....  or even a new ANDROID phone so that I can use the free imapmyrun app with the GPS.  If my nike+ worked, I wouldn't be doing any of this!!!   (You don't really believe that, do you?)

8.  I have an over-zealous need to punctuate in an excited fashion.  I over use exclamation points, and smiley faces, and the-like.

9. This blog is where I write about my life in general, but with a special emphasis on my journey to health.  (A long journey....  UGH.)   I have another blog where I write about what the Lord is doing in my life, and what He is revealing to me through my Bible study and prayer time.  (That blog is http://realfaithjourney.blogspot.com.)



I cannot wait to go through and start following some of you amazing ladies in the linky!
Happy UBP11, Everyone!!!


---  Meredith