Pages

analytics

Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Cuddle Bug!

Last year, on April 4th, 2010, we were celebrating the Resurrection with our church family, at the early service at our church.  I was 38 and 6/7 weeks pregnant.  I was miserable.


Don't let the smile fool you!!  I felt like a big pink elephant!!  But, my son looked cute, and my husband looked handsome, and I am SO glad that we got this picture!! I never dreamed that very day we would become a family of four!



There I am, shortly after my very quick, very intense labor.  Cuddle Bug was ready, that is for sure!


The above picture is when we was a few weeks old.  Cutie pie.  :)  His hair was so thick, and so dark at first!  It thinned out quite a bit for a long time, and only recently has thickened back up, lightened up, and become curly!!


Soccer Boy adores his little brother!! And I must say, it is completely mutual!  Is there anything better than watching your children fall in love with each other??


There is our little man. getting waaaaay too big for his car seat!  Now that he is walking a little bit more consistently, and he is officially one year old, I feel like we are  ready to do the switch.


My sweet little Cuddle Bug, my Goober Baby, my 40 Pound Sack of Potatoes...
This year has been amazing, and challenging, and wonderful and sad all at the same time.  Parenting a second, or subsequent child is a much different experience.  The learning curve is different.  We knew what to do when you had gas, a cold, wouldn't burp.  We knew that things that freaked us out the first time around were normal.  We knew that this time would pass SO quickly, so we tried to savor every moment...

But here we are, a year later already.
I love you so much, Little Man!  I am so excited to see you develop more skills and more personality.  I cannot imagine our family without, and I thank God every day for YOU, knowing that the pain and suffering of the baby we lost before you (ectopic pregnancy, April - July 2010), led us to holding YOU. Every smile, every laugh, every moment that I gaze upon your sleeping face, a part of me is healed.

Happy Birthday, Cuddle Bug!  May this year be filled with love, fun and excitement!!!

Mommy loves you.

Credit:  http://aloveheart.com/freelovepics/red3dheartshape.png