Pages

analytics

Sunday, April 17, 2011

C25K Week 3 Day 1

Yesterday's run:
28 minutes. 1.7 miles.  9 minutes of running, 19 minutes of walking.

5 minute walk, (90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 minute run, 3 minute walk) repeat, 5 minute cool-down walk.



There are constant little hills on my road.  CONSTANT.  I remember this from the first time I tried to do C25K outside after  completing the first 4 weeks inside on an indoor track.   Between my lungs screaming at me from the extra exertion -

(I never had an issue with my lungs my first time through C25K -- I know now it is because I was not pushing myself for speed.  I am okay with that.  I just was so in awe that I got actually run (jog, shuffle) for increasing lengths of time, that I didn't care that I was about as fast as a tortoise.) --

and my left outer calf tightening up quite painfully, the last 3 minute segment,which happened to be all on an uphill grade, just about did me in.  I couldn't find a breathing rhythm, and I didn't have much left.

I stretched a lot when I got home.  Today, coming down the stairs was predictably painful, but my foot isn't bothering me too badly.

Because I over-pronate, and because essentially, I am doing speed drills, I can expect this type of muscle exhaustion.  But, I was NOT hydrated enough, which was definitely part of the issue.

I think that I am going to have to scout out some nice and FLAT places nearby.  :)